Friday 7 October 2011

Jouncing!!!

Although the use of trains grow on you, there are moments of panic
When you think you missed your train or you got on the wrong train or got off at the wrong stop
I haven't had any of this drama but as I listen to MI's "Action Film" I remember 2 incidences I'll like to call "jouncing"
Firstly, my friend and I have been staying at Wolverhampton pending when our place is ready
That means trains and trekking


The first 2 days we had to go to school at Perry Barr, we took a train from Wolverhampton and stopped at Birmingham new street station then took another train to Perry Barr and we thought we had it on lock down
On the 3rd day I found out the same train we get off from at Birmingham new street goes on through Perry Barr, WHAT!
It's possible we had gotten off climbed up the station changed platforms and ran right back to the train we came off from
I wonder what people who noticed thought
Secondly, my friend with the name of a horror movie looked right instead of left when crossing the road
I swear it was hilarious
We had just finished from a Nigerian restaurant where she had pounded yam and I think it was still settling when we had to rush off
As is the way of the UK for drivers our left is their right
We were waiting for cars to pass when she suddenly entered the road her head turned in the other direction
A driver took pity on her and stopped for us to cross
I laughed for 3 minutes straight
Of cos it's funnier when it doesn't happen to you
Unlike MI's "wild wild west", mine is actually name descriptive


*jouncing is when you're not in the know but enjoying your ignorance

3 comments:

  1. Am still laffing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the name of ur frd? Choky! Funny adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. U remind me of when I just came to birmingham. Lol. Hope you're having a good time?

    ReplyDelete