Wednesday 12 October 2011

Gragra

Two interesting things have happened to me today (your today, my two weeks ago)
One; lost my apartment
Two; found a Nigerian restaurant and Malta Guinness
Got into school early enough to go tour the library as a typical Nigerian I didn't know where to swipe my card to get into the library and afterwards how to leave, phew! Thank goodness, the British is polite
Now I'm seated opposite a nigerian lady named after a horror movie
Drinking with great pleasure my Malta Guinness and smiling like one that has found great spoil and swaying to Sarah Grooves "You are Beautiful"


While my new friend with the name of a horror movie reduces her plate of pounded yam and okoro soup to nothingness
I envy her for the plateful of goat meat and the relish I see on her face
And realize I'm almost done with my Malta Guinness
I cannot eat anything now 'cos we just had buffet at my faculty
My selection consisted of a beef sandwich, what I'll call spring rolls, cupcake, grapes and strawberries plus a bottle of sparkling water which I disliked by the way
Met a couple of my lecturers and the were extremely friendly especially in comparison to what I'm used to
Also met a few of my classmates and I can tell who the glue of my class will be and who will ask the most questions in class


*gragra refers to the hustle
There's this Nigerian guy in my class and it was a relief to find that he was not trying to make us a clique
UK will be alright after all, Jeremy Camps still believing and I'm right on believing with him
Time to go get my place back

3 comments:

  1. hmmm... i see you're really relinkquishing-with-the new u... nice one there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and b4 i 4get.. wat horror movie... lollz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dnt u jst lv it wen u taste some home things? Its getting started gan gan get ready for d dawn of a nu day.e ha!

    ReplyDelete