Wednesday 26 October 2011

Aproko(pinko)

Today was my first day of lectures (six weeks ago)
I found it different but intriguing. I'm beginning to understand more why people send their kids to study in the UK. This is not a publicity stunt but my award leaders actually make 2 hours seem like 30 minutes. Seriously, that is interesting!




I missed my first class which was slotted for Wednesday at 2pm because of a job opportunity which I am in dire need of (more the cash than the job though but it's an interesting one too so. . .)to make my stay here more comfortable. I had to make up for the


class today. I don't think I've mentioned this but we are only 5 students on my course, 2 of us are Nigerians, 1 Indian, 1Vietnamese and 1 Thai. The guy from Thailand has had to wait to get his alts before joining us therefore, we are 4 for now and the only other guy with us is the other Nigerian in the class.
Indu (the Indian), Phuong (the vietnamese) and I have naturally formed a bond of which I'm enjoying as Indu is the fun, upbeat and distracted one, Phuong is the grounded, focused and quiet one and I am the "Malcolm in the middle".
Have I mentioned I am having the time of my life?
I hope so because that might be the last time I will be saying that in this year. I look at my lecturers/tutors and I realize this enthusiasm is gotten from their passion to teach and impart knowledge so they go off on these long renditions that are interesting until it's time for us to discuss or read those long documents and we realize, we've been punked! it's so much more fascinating when they are talking.
We 3 got so carried away with the introduction given on a course we actually got tickets and attended a workshop/presentation on 3D tv! How on earth didn't we see the topic of discussion, 3 postgraduate students with experience in business development, marketing and advertising! There are no apologies for this. We were so amused at ourselves we kept smiling like fools till we left an hour an half later.
We got very bland pasta and much better tasting pizza out it anyway, for all our trouble.
The highlight of the evening was when we had to chase our bus but still missed it anyway. The laugh was on us but we had fun.
Now I'm so exhausted I'm writing this lying down face up.




Today was my first day of lectures.


*Apropinko; a know it all

6 comments:

  1. An interesting one. So you also had to run after the bus, has happened to me a couple of times here, so different from naija where you went for the next bus to pass by. Seun

    ReplyDelete
  2. still havent told me of the name of your friend.... which of them has the horror movie... enjoy ursef... cheers. Andaeii

    ReplyDelete
  3. running is definately part of the fun ...good to know u enjoying bham...what u thik abt the accent ....H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look 4ward to the next thing u're going to write. Love ur blog!! Cracks me up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ozohu.. u can say that again... neva knew ma fwend had some sense oh humor.. i'm kinda wondering wat the name of the next blog post will be.."chinge, poffpoff.. ".. lollllz..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an interesting & amusing write up..
    Appreciate your creative writing, very impressive..you've got it all!
    However, it's good to have fun while you trying to settle down but for real, you have to get to the job! All the best!

    ReplyDelete