Wednesday 14 August 2013

#Choices


I am facing one of those decisions that are life defining and would definitely have a resonating effect on everything and everyone around me. It’s one of the "do or die" times I must encounter in my life time. And in making a choice I realized my musings were, emotional, rational and factual, basically. It was about what I could feel, reason out and see...my senses were (are still since I'm still in a limbo) on full alert.



I must make up my mind soon and trust me I am praying as well and seeking counsel.

On the 9th of this month (August) I was so preoccupied with my thoughts and faced with the eminent I began to tweet and here are my musings and my conclusions;

  •  Decisions shape your life
  •  It’s a unspoken game, once one decides to play others place their cards or their bets as well
  •  Let the wisest survive. Wisdom is more durable than strength 
  • Do you choose emotionally, rationally or factually? 
  • Don’t base your #choices on the facts alone, the future may depend on your rationality or your ability to empathise
  • Don’t let your emotions blind you, think! Think! Think rationally, let the facts add their voice 
  • Be rational but don’t be a piece of wood, feel the impact of your decisions, let the #choices be based on facts not assumptions
  • “Love your neighbour as yourself” – The Bible (not more)
  • Yes or no are not the only options, there’s “not now”, “never” and “how about” 
  • I live with the #choices I make but I can decide to adjust the repercussions with my attitude to them
  • Choose this day why you are here; to be a nuisance or a blessing
  • A crush is unpredictable, love is a decision
  • Love is a decision. . .well. . .one that binds
  • In your haste you may overlook something in your hesitation you may miss out

Still haven’t made my decision but I am closer to the answer than before. It is important to know exactly why your choice is the preferred option before you rule out all the others.




Happy decision making!

6 comments:

  1. Well dear, when he proposes say "Yes". I am right behind you. Great write up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just he? Hmmmmm, well get your cash ready for asoebi

      Delete
  2. awww. ...I can feel you dear sis..D truth is God Never leaves us without a witness..
    if we shut our ears to other voices screaming loudly at us..we can just about hear him say this is the way..walk in it. ...You won't make a mistake luv..only trust that he is leading you into all truths...stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. And for all your posts in Nigerian bloggers too, well done

      Delete
  3. Good write up Joy.Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My good friend, 9ice..... Love this one.... #hmmmm

    ReplyDelete