Sunday 16 November 2014

Star Struck with Nosa "Always"



So I met Nosa Omoregie again!



A few years ago a friend of mine sent me a message saying he just heard a song I will absolutely love and of course I replied “send it now” and he sent me “Always Pray for You” by Nosa.

This was my first exposure to the guy and I was super excited, “you mean this kind of music could come out of Nigeria?” I asked my friend after listening and he laughed as I followed it with “if you give me this kind of song you have to introduce me to this guy oh”.

Finally Nosa released an album and ChazB kept playing it on his program “Sharing Life Issues with ChazB” as his favourite album of the year and so I decided to get the album. I bought it in traffic, yes I confess because I was in a hurry to listen to what the rave was about. Oh and was it a satisfying buy! I played the cd over and over and over again until my friends could sing along and one of them finally took it off me since I had learnt all the songs and she was yet to buy hers (in traffic).

In July, my organisation was hosting this grand event and we needed someone to sing the national anthem. We went through a few names and struck a few out for various reasons, I watched as they deliberated and waited for the appropriate time to give my own option. It never presented itself so I took to campaigning among the deliberators. From “have you heard ‘Always Pray for You’” by Nosa, Isn’t it a great song?” to “Do you remember that cd I always play in the car? I think he has the persona we’re looking for” to out rightly saying, “Just take Nosa”. We did and it was an awesome choice.

We met that day for the first time by the elevator and my friend who knew about my dedication to that cd told him the story. Of course he’s a gentleman so he smiled a lot and we took pictures and my famzing became official.


And then yesterday another friend of mine who I went to hang out with calls Nosa to join us and we have a good time chatting for a few hours. I guess my friend brought out his “razer” side as I got to discover that he is absolutely hilarious and really down to earth.


Now my famzing has gone from official to familiar.


Join we the Nosa fans and get your own copy of “Open Doors” the album.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh am so jealous looking @these luvly pictures..yes indeed he is a fantabulous singer and I'm still rocking his CD which Ient from a sweet friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one dear, -emmanuel adejoh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. I refuse to be jealous but I'll really like a duet with Always on my mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete