Friday 25 January 2013

Apple or Pear



I’m standing in front of the mirror rubbing my cheeks to get some life into them. I look different this morning, maybe because I applied my makeup differently and had a bad dress day. Yeah, I woke up this morning with my mind set on an outfit and just as I put it on I realized what I had been afraid to admit; I need a budget for skirts! While all my tops still look pretty good on me my skirt size has increased and I am suddenly with only 1 skirt that fits because it flared. I ran through all my skirts in less than 10 minutes and opted for trousers, dashed out of the door into the cab and now I’m at the office feeling...well, alright, they’re just skirts right?



I have always been pear-shaped although more of an immature pear still coming to fullness and within the last 2 years I have come into my fullness (I hope). For the first time in my life I’m concerned about unnecessary things shooting out although I weigh the same. Interesting you may say but now I need to shop which means spend money to add a few more skirts to my wardrobe. What the nurse told me when I complained about having pains in my hip bone now makes sense, she said they were “growing pains” LOL

I have often wondered who came up with the kinds of shapes for women and decided to name them after fruits. Apple, Pear and so on; most ladies are either one or the other; however, you may not be able to tell on the really skinny ones. For me, the shape of your body should affect your choice of cloths or even style. It’s easy to pick something off a shelf and admire it but its different when it comes to choosing what suits you. As a lady, you should wear what flatters your figure and helps make you look better than you really are (if you need it that is) by covering up extra ‘tires’ or ‘pots’ that shouldn't be.

I have 2 friends who are really pretty girls but bad dressers, in the sense that they wear nice looking things that do not always fit. Girlfriend1 is really slim and she likes form fitting cloths and skinny jeans which make her look skinnier than she is. Girlfriend2 is big especially in the areas that usually are and she loves flowing gowns and big tops and bootleg jeans. I don’t have to tell you that she looks bigger and shorter than she really is. This even goes for makeup and skin tone, jewelry and outfits, shoes and outfits and so on. If you don’t know what’s good then be like my Girlfriend3 seek advice from people who do or just wear regular slacks and shirts and/or A-line dresses, and even if you mismatch colours just blame it on the new fad “colour-blocking”. 

2 comments:

  1. i'd like to meet girlfriend 1 and 2... lolllz..
    9ice one there... keep up.. waitn for more posts...

    ReplyDelete