Tuesday 15 December 2015

151215


As the clock reads 12.03am my heart skips a bit

It’s yet another year, another journey, another experience

For the first time in years I feel a little different

Maybe it’s the geles I’ve been tying in the previous year

Or the business I started that has gained such traction

Or the relationships I lost or gained

I feel more aware of time’s passing

My heart feels fuller and emptier at the same time

My mind racing unsuccessfully to meet times expectations

All I can see is what I hadn’t gotten from my ’15 bucket list

My lips form prayers of gratitude my heart can’t disguise

Then Kari Jobe’s “Forever” floats to me from my phone

And instantly I realize what I have always known

He is alive and so I am!

I have overcome the grave and live free ‘cos He did

I’m more complete and secure today than yesterday because of Hallelujah

As the tear slips out so does the smile of gratitude

Then the overwhelming assurance of love and hope despite my list

Its time again to sing “Good Good Father” by Kally Heiligenthal

And go crazy in celebration to “Joy” by Planetshakers

And get on my stilettos to dance ’16 to an awesome finish
***12 faces of 2015


7 comments:

  1. "My heart feels fuller and emptier at the same time. My mind racing unsuccessfully to meet times expectations" - These are my favourite lines and I know that feeling all too well! I felt them so strongly on my birthday as well, truth is, we are doing the best we can...so keep at it and thumbs up! Happy birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece. .HBD Ihotu

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a good lyric Ihotu. May be u should be a song writer too. HBD

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to inspire me. Keep flying

    ReplyDelete